1. Management of the Bookshop
1. Management of the Bookshop
This bookshop is managed by Harriman House Ltd ('Harriman'), +44 (0)1730 233870, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registered office address
2. Browsing the Bookshop
2.1 Harriman grants you a licence to access and use this bookshop website, but not to make commercial use of any of the content, nor to collect or store any of the product descriptions, images or prices, either manually or using systematic data-mining or data-gathering techniques without the express written permission of Harriman. The sole and limited exception to this condition is the facility provided by Harriman on each book page which enables you to instruct the emailing of this page to an email address input by you. Harriman's licence to you entitles you to use this facility and to store the information emailed to you, but to a maximum frequency of 50 such instructions per week.
2.2 All of the content in the bookshop website is the property of Harriman, and enjoys the full protection of UK and international copyright law.
3. Transacting with the Bookshop
3.1 When you submit an online, telephone or hard copy order to the bookshop, that submission constitutes an offer to purchase goods from Harriman. On acceptance of the offer by Harriman, your contract is with Harriman, and your statutory rights are with Harriman. This applies even if the branding of the bookshop is in the name of a third party on whose behalf Harriman is running the bookshop.
3.2 Harriman's policy is to charge a customer's credit or debit card upon order by the customer. Should it not be possible to fulfil an order, Harriman will refund the value of any items that are unavailable. If a customer wishes to cancel an order, they will be able to do so as long as stock to fulfil any given order has not been ordered by Harriman and the order has not already been dispatched.
International customers may find that if the currency rate has fluctuted between placing their order and Harriman billing the card that the amount charged in their local currency may change. Harriman will bill the card the GBP Sterling value of the order, and cannot guarantee the conversion price in the customer's local currency. This is subject to the customer's bank's rate of exchange on the day the card is billed.
3.3 If the credit card charge is declined for any reason, Harriman will contact you to inform you, and will delay the dispatch of goods until such time as payment is received.
3.4 Ownership of goods relating remains with Harriman until such time as full payment is received by Harriman from you.
3.5 If the goods ordered by you are subject to a tax or other charge when the package reaches its destination, the liability for paying these charges will be with you, not with Harriman. Harriman has no way of knowing what particular customs and import charges may be in force at any time in any country, and makes no allowance in its pricing policy for such charges. For the purposes of customs and other importation charges, therefore, you assume the role of importer of the goods. Harriman will not be liable to you for any delay or failure of the goods to reach their delivery address because of the detention of a package by customs or other authorities.
3.6 Harriman reserves the right to decline orders, or to cancel orders at its discretion.
3.7 Harriman reserves the right to make changes to its website, policies, and Terms & Conditions at its absolute discretion.
3.8 These Terms & Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
4. Availability of Goods
Each book page on our website tells you when a book will be shipped to you. The time depends on whether we have the book in stock and, if we do not, how quickly we can obtain copies from the publisher. In general, there are two levels of Expected Shipping Date (ESA):
2. Within [specified number] of Days
Prices quoted on this website are correct to the best of our knowledge. Occasionally, there is a delay between the time when publishers put their prices up and the time when we learn about the price change. Global-Investor reserves the right to refuse to sell the product concerned at the lower, incorrect, price advertised on our website. In this situation, we will contact you to tell you what the higher correct price is, and ask whether you wish to continue with the order at this price or cancel the order.
Harriman also reserve the right to refuse sale at a price that has been publicised on the web site, or elsewhere if it is incorrect due to error.
Most of the products we sell don't carry VAT but those that do include eBooks, CDs and magazines. Where products do have VAT, the product web page will display the gross price (i.e. VAT included). The invoice we send out with parcels is a full VAT invoice (where applicable). Harriman House's VAT number is 626015567.
6. Returns Policy
- If you receive a book from us in imperfect condition, we will be glad to replace it with another copy in perfect condition. Please email us in advance to let us know that you will be returning the book.
- As a general rule, Global-Investor does not accept returns of books just because they are different from what you expected them to be. The reason we put so much information about books on our website is to enable you to make an informed decision when you purchase them.
- We may, in some circumstances, offer to exchange a book which you have bought for another book, but such exchanges need to be agreed with us by email in advance and do not happen as of right.
- If you are in any doubt about which books to buy, please email us and ask for advice.
7. Instructions on Returns
1. Please wrap the book up in foam, carrier bags, newspaper - anything that will protect it from the knocks it will get through the postal system. (If a book comes back damaged, we cannot accept the return.)
2. Insert the book in a padded envelope or cardboard box. You may be able to re-use the one we sent to you if you still have it. If not, you can buy them from most post offices and stationers.
3. Write your name and post code on a piece of paper and insert it in the package. Better still, make a copy of your invoice and insert it in the package.
4. Post the package to:
Please make sure you put the correct stamps on the package. The Post Office does not deliver understamped packages, and we will not pay a surcharge.
8. Gift vouchers and promotions
1. Gift vouchers and promotions will be automatically issued to qualifying, online orders. The voucher number will be displayed on the final page of the order form and in your automatic email acknowledgement.
2. With the 'Spend now save later' scheme, any gift voucher due will be calculated against the value of the books in the current transaction prior to any postage charge being added.
3. Only one gift voucher or promotion can be redeemed per transaction.
4. No change or credit will be given if the value of the gift voucher exceeds the value of the books being ordered.
5. Gift vouchers have no cash value and there is no cash alternative.
6. Gift vouchers have set expiry dates.
7. Gift vouchers can be redeemed if ordering online (section 3 of the order form) or over the phone.
8. Harriman reserves the right to refuse use of a voucher or promotion code at it's discretion.
9. Name rental
If you place your order online, you can opt whether you wish to receive any further promotions from the bookshop and carefully selected third parties or not. If you are ordering over the phone, or by post or fax, please inform your customer services operative of your preferences.
10. Free gifts
Only one free gift will be issued per order, even if the order is subsequently split with some books sent separately.
No cash alternative to the free gift is available.
The free gift is subject to availability.
This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or promotion.
If you return item(s) under our returns policy you must also return any free gift or promotional item associated with the promotion and received by you as a result of that order. If the free gift is not returned, the value of the gift will be charged to you.
Free gifts and promotional items that are given away in conjunction with a purchase may be despatched to you separately and delivery times may vary.
All transactions are covered by UK law